Sunday, March 23, 2008

A Little Easter Gratitude~

Good Evening and Happy Easter... I hope you had a great day too. We had a very nice brunch with some of our family and it was great. The kids were running around in their cute little outfits and we took pictures with the Easter bunny, a pink Easter bunny, my favorite color, so I couldn't resist! It's always nice to be with everyone and catch up. So, I made some little gifts for our moms for Easter and while I was doing that, I thought about the idea for this card. I was thinking of making several of these with different sentiments and colors and using them as a set, but for now this is the only one I have done! I really love SU's Groovy Guava and use it so much for cards and projects. I am constantly ordering supplies in that color. I started first with Wild Wasabi Paper, then layered Chocolate Chip and then Groovy Guava. I used Impress Smooth White cardstock on top and stamped the grass in Wild Wasabi, the flower in Groovy Guava and the gratitude sentiment in Chocolate Chip (all stamps by Impress Rubber Stamps). I then used SU's Ginger Blossom paper and my butterfly punch then glued that down leaving the wings free to give it the 3-D effect. I couldn't find my ticket corner punch, so I just used my scissors to cut a slant to the top two corners of the white cardstock so I could add a couple of pearls to each corner. I finished it off with some chocolate colored polka dot ribbon and there you have it! I will try this with a different color scheme soon and see what you think! I just also want to add that I appreciate so much all of you that have left me comments here. It makes me so happy that you take the time to look and that you enjoy the projects. I hope to just keep them coming! So, I really do thank you.. I hope you have a great rest of the evening and a super week. ~Nicole

No comments: