Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sweeter than Apple Pie~

Good Evening.. we definitely had our share of Spring showers around here today, it even hailed for a while.. This crazy weather! We are looking at yet another rainy Easter here in the Northwest, I guess we will have a bunch of soggy easter baskets. So since we had such a soggy dreary day, I thought when I got home from work I would go into my stamp room and stamp something that reminds me of summer, so here the results of my summer dreaming.. I told you how excited I was to get my hands on this new Stampin' Up Tart and Tangy set and the first piece of paper I grabbed was the apple paper, so I started with that theme. I started with SU! real red paper, and my summer picnic DP found in the new mini that is out until May, yay! Anyway, I stamped my apple in Versamark then stamped onto my red paper. I added the patterned paper, the new old olive twill ribbon and the new ribbon slide.. so cute! I love those little ribbon slides. They are in the Hodgepodge Hardware set. I stamped the apples on white cardstock then cut them out and used Stampin' Dimensionals to mount them to the card. I then stamped the sweeter than apple pie sentiment on each and on the taller card added a couple of green crystal brads at the bottom and used my scallop scissors to add a little scallop detail to the bottom. Both cards are a bit different with the same basic idea.. Have a great weekend and a really wonderful Easter. ~Nicole

No comments: