Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sweet Scents~

Helloooo, I am back at it! Yay!... I apologize for not posting anything in a little over a week. I can't believe it, I was on such a roll, huh! hee hee.. I was not being lazy, believe me.. it was family stuff and it had me away from home for several evenings and my mind was not really into making crafts or cards. My mom was in the hospital and I was with her all last week and taking care of her house too. It was very scary, but she is home and feeling really good. She is the best mom a daughter can ever have and love her to pieces, so I was a little beside myself last week to say the least. But, I am very happy to report, all is great now and I am back in the mood to be creative and share another little gift I made earlier. I had seen one in a craft magazine about a year or two ago and always liked it and wanted to do one of my own. It was so very simple and fun. I just bought a basic jar candle and removed the label on the front. I really liked this one, because of the nice round top but any jar candle will do. I used some textured cardstock and instead of stamping the sentiment I actually printed the words out on my computer in brown ink. I then cut to a square and used my paper tool to rough up the edges and sides for a little worn look. I then took some brown craft paint and dry brushed a bit around the edges. I added the flowers and the rhinestone brad, then added some coordinating ribbon and a pewter charm to finish it off! I thought this would be nice for Mother's Day or any kind of friend gift. I also made one with a pink candle with the same type of look (but gave that away already!) I am so glad to be back at it. I hope you have a great week. It is supposed to be sunny and bright in our area for the week.. yippee! Have a relaxing evening.

No comments: