Saturday, March 1, 2008

Big Flower Books!

Good Evening! I am finally getting a chance to post these tonight. I had a great time in Seattle on Friday with my husband. It was a great DRY sunny drive on the way there, not so much for the way back, rain the whole time! After a few stops we finally got to my stamping spot. It was so fun looking at all of their new products for Spring.. Wow, there is so many neat things out right now, brads, rub-ons, so needless to say, I couldn't resist, I bought a couple of things I would like to make and will share those when I get them completed. But, for now, I wanted to share these steno/journal books I put together. They are bright and happy and were really fun to make. I started with a basic plain journal and covered it with Romani series paper from Basic Grey. I did the same for the pen that is attached to the book. I added the giant white fabric flowers and used a SU clear button covered in back with the same Basic Grey paper to match. I added velvet ribbon to the cover and coordinating ribbon to the wire coils at the top. I added the silver inspiration sayings and a couple of little rhinestones at the bottom corner. Definitely try one of these. The little tin in the front is filled with paper clips and made two to match each book. They go together simple, easy! Thanks so much for looking! I better pay attention to my little Oliver now, he keeps jumping up trying to lay on my lap but the laptop is in his way, so I better sign off so he has a warm place to lay down! Have a great night.. ~Nicole

No comments: