Thursday, February 28, 2008

Purely Pomegranate Thank You

Oh, thank goodness it's my Friday, Yay!!! So, I thought I would treat myself to a little card making after work (my own little shot of therapy!) I guess I was in a pinky kind of mood tonight. I love Stampin' Up's purely pomegranate and wanted to make a different kind of card so I went with the center fold card. I really like these because they show off both the image and a lot of the patterned paper. I started with textured PP (Purely Pomegranate) colored paper, then covered the flaps of the card with SU's new Designer Paper, Bali Breeze. I stamped the image in PP ink onto to rose red paper. I then used my ticket punch to punch the corners then mounted it on a scrap of PP cardstock. I stamped the same image again and then cut it out. I applied little dabs of two way glue onto the flower dots then used glitter for extra sparkle. I then used my SU dimensionals and adhered my cut image over the first image. I ran PP ribbon around the card on both sides so the card still opens freely without having to untie the ribbon. I added rhinestones to the center of the flower, the corners and some on the thank you at the bottom. I hope you enjoy and have a good Friday.. I am off to see the gals at my favorite stamp store tomorrow. I am so excited....mini ROAD TRIP!!! Have a great weekend. ~Nicole

No comments: