Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Fourth of July Pinwheel~

HI there..... well the 4th is almost here! Can you smell Bar-B-Q! Yummmm, I sure can. We have yet to have a bbq in our own backyard so I can't wait to have a hamburger or hot dog on Friday. Yippee! I kept thinking I would make a bunch of cards for the fourth but since I wasn't quite there as of this week, I decided to at least post what I made tonight. I have had this pinwheel stamp for a while and thought of this one for my patriotic card. I was up at Impress Stamps over the weekend (YES, again!! LOL..) and one of the ladies showed me this quick little pinwheel to mount on top of my stamped image using just a 1" square punch and some scissors. You punch out the square and then cut in at each corner into almost the center on all four sides. Then you fold every other side over and then finish it off with a brad in the center.. really simple. I used a patterned piece of paper with a white backing for the two tone effect when you make the folds. I stamped the fourth of july sentiment and then punched the stars out with my fiscars star hand punch before I mounted it to the same patterned red paper as the pinwheel for the background, added some ribbon and I think that about does it.. this is a very simple looking card, but I think it is cute just the same!

Oh, I also wanted to mention that Stampin' Up! is launching their new Decor Elements line for home decor products. They are just the neatest thing and coordinate perfectly with SU! stamp sets. I added a link on the right of my blog so you can view the brochure and see what you think. I think these will be huge!! Also, I just was able to order some sneak preview stamp sets from the new catalog. I hope to share some samples after I get them. I think you are all going to love, love, love the new In Colors!! I do.

I really hope you have a great Fourth of July and enjoy the fireworks, family and tasty food too. Good Night.

No comments: