Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Day ~

~Hello.. both of these projects are straight from one of the latest Paper Crafts volumes and I just loved the card and the project. My very good friend gave the magazine to me and pointed out these projects and I thought they were beautiful and didn't need to change much at all. She recently graduated with her masters degree on Sunday (go Kate!!) so I wanted to make these for her after both seeing it in the magazine.. First of all, trying to find all of the tools and accessories for this project is never as easy as it describes in the magazine but I managed to find everything. I bought the cricut cartridge called "decor elements" to create the lettering and the beautiful butterflies. I hadn't used my cricut in a while, so it was great to pull that out and now I have been using it bunches since.. I cut a bunch until I got the size I wanted and I already had the background paper and the cardstock.. I love the baja breeze paired with the kiwi kiss. I am going to miss those in colors soooo much, but I know I will love the new ones too! I bought a 12 x 12 frame and then had the frame shop cut a mat for me that I picked to go in the frame. I then just started assembling.. and soon it was complete. The card is the same butterfly with the background paper and layered onto going gray cardstock. I used baja breeze striped ribbon and a kiwi kiss button. I used my scallop punch to make the white scallops to attach to the side of the card. I used a rub on for the sentiment and there you have it.. I thought this would be perfect for her first office! Well, thanks for looking and have a super week! I get to spend the day in my garden, yippppeee! My corn is growing and I am thrilled. It's my first time growing corn so I constantly peek out to see if it looks any bigger, I know corny, huh!! hahahahha... pun fun... Bye for now..

No comments: