Monday, June 2, 2008

My New Little Friend~

Hello and good evening. So, I said I had another one for you tonight so here it is. He is my new little friend, my little owl.. ain't he cute?? I had to get this when I saw it at Impress on Saturday. It is from Savvy Stamps and it comes in a set of 7 stamps complete with the branch, the balloon, the owl and four sentiments to use with the balloon or not. I think SU! is coming out with an owl set in their next catalog, but until then, I will play with this one. I started with SU! soft sky cardstock and used my paper cutter to add the scallop at the bottom and paper pierced above. I then layered a piece of patterned paper by Mind's Eye. I added a smaller piece of chocolate chip, real red, and then whisper white for the main images. I stamped the branch and the owl in chocolate chip, then stamped the owl again on scrap paper then cut him out and added the image to the top of the first one with some dimensionals to give him some "dimension," then stamped the balloon in soft sky, then added the happy birthday to the center. I stamped a few matching flowers for background in soft sky. I added some two way glue to the balloon and added some diamond glitter to the balloon. I punched several little leaves out of some old olive scraps with a mini leaf punch and glued them to the stems of the branch. I added soft sky ribbon to the top and that did it! I love this plump little guy. I think I will be using him a bunch. I can't resist! I hope you have a great rest of the evening. Time to get my Stampin' Up order ready for this week. I love to sit and go through my catalog and make my first wish list, then alter it about a dozen times before I get it just right and ready to send in. I know I am not alone in this right??? LOL! Night night!

No comments: