Sunday, June 22, 2008

Flower Happy~

Good Evening! We can actually officially say Happy Summer.. we are so happy around here to have some sun, so happy I was in the mood to plant some flowers this weekend so off to the garden center I went. I love bringing them all home and getting them planted. My little yorkie Oliver kept me company out in the yard and I love watching him run around with his hair blowing in the wind.. so cute! After planting today, I grabbed one of my flower stamps to make this card and wanted to use some of my wild saffron paper for the background.. I love this paper because it coordinates so great with the Stampin' Up inks and paper. I started with some bazzill textured chocolate paper, then layered a piece of the wild saffron and tore some coordinating wild saffron for the bottom. I thought this paper matched pretty nicely with my flower stamp. Both of the stamps are from Impress. I inked the background with SU! Blue Bayou. The flower stamp I inked with Really rust, so saffron and wild wasabi. I used the SU! ticket punch and pewter brads, then punched out a piece of wild saffron paper with my index tab punch and used a rub on for the "happy." I added some ribbon and a little piece of chipboard. Well, getting late, off to the sack I go.. Have a great week~

No comments: