Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Monogram Notes ~

Hello and happy night to you! Well, down to the final three on AI, I can't believe it is almost over.... right in time since I think the weather is getting nicer and I would rather be outside gardening than glued to my tv two nights a week! LOL! It has been fun though.. Anyway, back to the goods! hee hee.. I made two of these gift sets for our moms for Mother's Day.. I made them each four notecards and four monogrammed envelopes to match. I recently got my monogram "DIY" stamp sets from Just Rite and I love, love, love them.. I have already ordered more accessories to go with the sets. They are just fabulous! You can create any type of monogram, one letter to three letters.. perfect for invitations and these note cards. I just ordered some numbers so I can do birthday cards for the kids with the number of their birthday right on the front of a card. I think that will be cute! These are my first cards using my new sets.. I hope you like! I started with SU! Whisper White Cardstock and my prints pack from the SU! level one hostess sets.. I ran the whisper white cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the new swiss dots folder and left a bit on the bottom of the card front unembossed. I then used my circle rounder punch and rounded the bottom corners of the cardstock. I then cut a piece of the Pretty in Pink patterned paper and layered it on the cardstock. I added Pretty in Pink ribbon along the seam of the white and pink layered cardstocks. I then stamped my monogram and border onto the white cardstock in basic black ink and then used my nestabilities to cut the circle. I then used my Marvy two inch punch to punch out the scallop. I then layered the two and then used SU! dimensionals to the back and centered it onto the card front.. Oh, and I added a couple of little rhinestones to the bottom corner of the card for just a little extra...... embellishment of course! My favorite thing! Enjoy and have a great rest of the night! ~ Nicole

No comments: