Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tart and Tangy Apples~

Hello... hope your weekend is going great (what's left of it anyway). My day was fun filled with cleaning out closets, such fun! It does give you this good feeling though when you finish though, so it was worth it. :) I wanted to post another one of my workshop cards. I couldn't resist bringing along my tart and tangy set. I made one similar to this in another post, but I really wanted to use my scallop punch to just add more cuteness! I have bought probably five packs of this paper so far, and just love it. It is the Stampin' Up! Summer Picnic paper found in the Occasions mini and I use it all of the time.. I saw a scrapbook page with it and it was ADORABLE! So here is the recipe: I used real read cardstock and stamped my apple image in versamark and stamped onto the red for a background. I layered the Summer Picnic paper exposing two different sides. On the green half, I stamped "Sweeter than apple pie" using the One Smart Cookie set and then layered the flower side of the paper over the green. I then added the new twill Old Olive ribbon. I stamped my apple stamp again in Real Red onto White Whisper cardstock, then I used my 1 3/8 circle punch to cut out my apple. I then used my 1 1/4 circle punch and punched a circle in Old Olive and then attached both to the red scallop punched with my scallop punch. I added dimensionals to the back to give it that raised look over the ribbon. This is part of a set of cards too that I am going to make using all of the different fruits in the set. They are so cute! They are also in the Occasions mini and they will only be available until May 31st if you are interested in getting a set of your own.. make your week a great one! Well, off to create something.. hmm, don't know what it is yet, but I'll let you know... Nighty Night.. ~Nicole

No comments: