Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blissful Post It Note Holder

Good Evening! AHHHHH, I feel like everything has calmed down a bit and posting new things has definitely been weighing on my mind so I couldn't wait to get my pictures taken and loaded so I could post something tonight. Yay..! We made these post it holders at a workshop I had last weekend. These are so easy to put together and I enjoy making them. I think these would be perfect for Mom's Day coming up or for a friend or co-worker. I used Stampin' Up! Berry Bliss paper for the background and the pen insert. I liked this paper because it was very easy to find the coordinating pink sticky notes to match. I stamped the image then used blender pens dipped in Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink for the flower and Old Olive for the leaves.. some of the ladies at the workshop colored it in and even used the pink to highlight some of the words. SO creative! Once you have your image colored mount it to a slightly larger piece of Pretty in Pink paper and then slide the paper inside a clear acrylic frame. Use some of the same paper cut to fit the size of the pen barrell you use. Just roll the paper small enough to insert into the barrell and they tied some ribbon around the cap and then use the same ribbon to tie around the top of the frame. So fun! I have a couple of more projects to post this weekend so stay tuned for more. We had a great day today, snow free! They keep saying it is going to snow here, but nothing yet...... we shall see. Have a nice night... ~Nicole

No comments: