Monday, May 31, 2010

Simply Adorned~

~Good Evening. Hope everyone is enjoying the Memorial Day holiday. I was so impressed by all of the cool events and tributes held today here in Vancouver and around town. We have been busy this weekend tearing down wallpaper in the bedroom. It has only taken 10 years to do! LOL.. let's just say we were working our way to the back of the house. Whoever owned this house before went wallpaper CRAZY and we were left to undo all of those pink and purple flowers from every wall.. ughh! Well, it is down and almost ready for paint this coming weekend, yay!! I had bought the bedding and accessories about two months ago waiting for paint, so I am excited to see it all come together.. okay, back to the post. I meant to post this about three days ago, but I got a new laptop and my husband has been battling the new router. It worked, then didn't, then worked, then didn't. It's now working! Everything is hooked up again, so here it goes. I actually made this necklace and a couple of these cards while we were at the beach a month or so ago (has it really been that long?) and had taken these then. I ended up giving the cards to our mom's for Mother's Day, and the movie, It's Complicated with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. If you haven't seen it, it is hilarious and our mom's loved it when we took them to see it when it was in the theaters. This was my first attempt using the Simply Adorned line from SU! I really loved creating something new with our papers and stamps. SU! has some great stamps to use with these charms. My design is similar to the one pictured in one of the minis, but I will branch out even more on my next attempt. I have a bracelet in the works, so I will let you know how it comes out! I hope you enjoy the rest of your night and have a great week. Baby Shower tomorrow after work!! Funnnnnn!

No comments: