Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cake on a Stick??

~Hello there! I have wanted to try these for at least six months and I finally decided to get all of the ingredients and make a bunch of these cuter than cute cakes on a stick.. They really are! It is cake and frosting all mixed up, stuck on a stick, dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with sprinkles of your choice! That is really how easy they are to make! I can't believe I waited this long to try them. I have seen them all over my favorite baking websites and stumbled upon them looking for recipes for truffles, which I also can't wait to post pictures of, yummy!! Anyway, for these, I used chocolate cake, white and milk chocolate (good quality really makes a difference) and candy coloring for the white chocolate to dye it that soft pink color. I couldn't believe I had sprinkles that matched exactly, yay!! I made some for our co-worker's bridal shower luncheon and now she wants more for her wedding reception next month! I can't wait to make them in her beautiful wedding colors, aqua and lime green, ooooh, pretty! I can't wait to make some halloween themed pops! They wrap up really nicely and keep for several days. My mom said the only thing wrong with them is they weren't big enough, LOL! She said I should stack at least three or four on one stick.. hahahahaha.. Hmmmm, maybe she's on to something! Well, enjoy your day! Thank you for taking a peek!! (Don't forget to click on the picture to make it larger if you need to see them better)

No comments: