Sunday, March 1, 2009

Just Branch Out~

~Hi there.. hope you are enjoying your Sunday like we are.. staying home and doing a little stamping and a little laundry too! I had a great time on Friday night. My friend Kate and I had a stamping night just us girls, just listening to tunes. munching on Girl Scout cookies and relaxing.. Kate wanted to make a gift set of cards for her mom's upcoming birthday so that is what we worked on. Her mom loves birds, and cardinals are her favorite so we had to have a red bird in the tree for her.. We cased this card from the catalog but changed it up a bit with the colors and I added some hardware to my sample. This is the SU! Branch out set and I have to say, I LOVE this set.. and didn't really think I would until I started using it.. This isn't the usual style of card I would typically make, so this was a great challenge for me and we think they turned out pretty cute... We used mellow moss, so saffron, almost artichoke and vanilla papers. For the ink we used mellow moss, so saffron (butterflies), close to cocoa (tree trunk) and almost artichoke for the tree leaves. The sentiment I added is from Paper Trey Ink (mixed messages) then punched it out with my small oval punch and tucked inside the vanilla hodgepodge hardware frame and some vanilla taffeta ribbon. For Kate's set, we made five cards with matching stamped envelopes, then tucked those inside a clear acetate box and finished it with a paper belly band and some so saffron ribbon tied in a bow to the front of the box. I hope Kate's momma enjoys! Oh, one more thing, I added a link at the right on the sidebar for some new easter/spring sets you can preorder now out of the new Occasions Mini that begins April 1st. SU! wants to give customers the opportunity to get a headstart in ordering some of these really cute easter sets before the Occasions Mini begins. Let me know if you have any questions. You can view all of the sets by clicking on the link I have on the sidebar. Thanks! Have a great rest of the weekend.

No comments: